I decided to experiment with paper as a medium rolled into 120 backing paper. My initial idea was to roll the paper directly onto a 120 spool but I decided last minute to simply roll it onto the paper backing.
Because this was a test I only cut a slice from a sheet of 9×12 Kentmere VC Select which only gives me about 4 frames.
I loaded the roll into the Mamiya C330 because it has the fastest lens of all my MF cameras.
I exposed the frames as best I could though not very well I’m afraid. I setup my temporary darkroom again in Anna’s bedroom and developed the strip.
Only one frame came out good though a bit weird. I had the flash out firing away at f2.8 and I think it worked OK, the others didn’t.
A photo out the window without flash didn’t work so well when the slow shutter speed got a wee bit stuck.
The other exposed frame was a total flop:
The next day, Sunday morning around 7am, I tried single paper frames in the back of my Kodak No3A folder.
I also wanted to test out my Hoya + filters with the Kodak beast so I used my backup ground glass to see the focusing range and measured around 37cm between the lens and subject when the front standard was set at 2m with a +2 filter.
As I found out, it’s never a good idea to keep doing this kind of camera fudgery when the family awakes so when I accidentally slipped on the +4 instead of the +2 I got this blurry shite:
Realising my error I got the +2 on with a better result, only just.
Next step is to roll a longer strip of paper onto paper backing and let rip. More fun later I’m sure.
If only I had a dedicated darkroom …